Sunday, November 18, 2012


The Next Big Thing: Questions in Answers
Thanks to my generous and well-intentioned author/friend Kimberly Troutte I am touting my WIP (Work In Progress) in this Next Big Thing game. There are multiple benefits to taking part in the “chain game”. I will be forced to finish my book, and do it in a timely manner; I’ve been given a peek into the forthcoming works of other authors; all games are fun, right? Well, it turns out I’m gummed up on the last stage of the game, drafting five other authors to hand the ball to. I soldier on . . .

See friend Kimberley's WIP info at: http://kimberleytroutte.blogspot.com/

A. The working title of my book is Dear Departed Family Reunion.
B. This book is a sequel to my first book, Dear Departed.
C. The genre of this book is paranormal-cozy-mystery.
D. If I was allowed to cast the movie made from this book the lead male actor would be Tom Selleck. I mean after all, who could look any more like him than the man himself. For Caroline, Diane Lane when alive and older just because I think she’s beautiful. Julia Stiles, when dead and younger because she looks like a younger Diane Lane to me.
E. A detective and his ghost/lover return to his childhood home to solve the 38 year old cold case mystery of his parents’ massacre.
F. I will self-publish this book on Amazon Kindle books first.
G. The first draft of this book will be out after 1 years work.
H. The tone of my mysteries is close to those of Sue Grafton, or Janet Evanovich with a strong, off-beat female protagonist. The difference that makes mine unique is my protagonist is dead.
I. The inspiration for me to write this book came from my metaphysical upbringing and wanting to share a lighter view of death and the hereafter.
J. My characters learn that love can overcome all obstacles in life when coupled with belief. We are not bodies that have spiritual experiences; we are spirits having physical experiences.


Message for the tagged authors and interested others:
Rules of the Next Big Thing
***Use this format for your post
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (work in progress)
***Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:
What is your working title of your book?
Where did the idea come from for the book?
What genre does your book fall under?
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Include the link of who tagged you and this explanation for the people you have tagged.

No comments: